wiki:access/ATIWG_007

Meeting Notes: ACCESS Technical Infrastructure Rose-Cylc Working Group

Thu 07-Aug-2014 9E
Attendees: Mike, Robin Bowen, Martin, Chris, Xiao, Asri, Peter Steinle, Peter Uhe, Guo Liu, Faina, Paul Gregory, Wenming

1. Rose-Cylc installation

  • Ongoing: Robin/Ben to discuss further about module on accessdev->no updates;

Ben: tools on raijin can be made available on accessdev upon request->Robin to circulate the list

Scott and Ben to set a time frame for the decommission; we may encourage people to migrate.

  • Working: BoM/CSIRO/COE have variant IT security policy on making data/docs/content visible to external users.

Robin/Scott/Ian to discuss how to impose restriction on access to public_html@accessdev;
This issue is moved to accessdev group meeting https://accessdev.nci.org.au/trac/ticket/111; -> no updates

Robin to request system admins to fix Apache related issue for Rosebush.

  • Working: FCM problem: perl does not look for the access control list to work properly for non access.admin users-> to be fixed on ngamai.
  • Working: Robin to chase up with NCI for a non-access.admin tester account-> account created but Robin to inform NCI complete the task
  • Working: Jin Lee has requested Rosebud as part of Rose;

Robin to check the docs done by Ian.

  • Working: Xiao reported the problem not being able to resubmit job through Cylc unless restarting the suite.

Arn is patching python/2.7.5 to fix the problem.

  • Done: Handover of Ian's duties to Robin, Asri, Martin, Peter Uhe and Wenming; Robin to look at the handover strategy and details;
  • Done: accessdev puppet update segmentation fault; Chris is going to investigate this likely memory related problem

2. Rose-Cylc training and documentation

  • Ongoing: Accessdev Bulletin July one skipped; Robin-> August bulletin is coming.
  • Working: Hilary Oliver's visit is set at 13-17 Oct 2014. Mike has circulated the programme.

Mike to fix the presentations and talkers for the workshop on 14 Oct 2014 and then send out the notice;
We will have a Rose/Cylc TI meeting with Hilary on 17 Oct 2014.

  • Working: Consider moving access_wiki from trac.nci.org.au to accesssdev. Scott following this up with NCI, has written script for NCI to do for this move.

Robin/Ben/Scott to discuss this further

  • Done: Martin has done testing the migration from accesscollab to accessdev.
  • Done: Clare to manage the NecTAR standard experiments survey

3. Rose-Cylc suite design

  • Working: Asri/Ilia working on rose-stem. Ilia working on including GCOM build as part of UM build, to tighten control over GCOM versions in UM;

Martin has done a simple GCOM test which proves the idea is OK; the idea will roll over as a standard practice;
Ashley has tested rose-stem in um9.1.

  • Working: Pre-build libraries; ~access/prebuilds/um/vn9.x will be default place for um prebuilds, as per Asri's recommendation-> no updates
  • Working: Mike/Martin simplify the build config files in UM source, fcm-make directories; discussion in progress with UM Systems Team-> no updates
  • Working: Ian has completed N512 forecast suite. Xiao to review the job.
  • Working: DrHook with UM; DrHook not in VAR. (?)
  • Done: Martin has done a N48 KGO test in rose-stem; KGO for each test is needed.

4. Review tools

  • Working[low priority]: Testing positive and it is a handy software for users; will make it a general tool for users. How-to and example may be produced; Scott may discuss this tool with UK Metoffice.

5. Other issues

  • Mike briefed Fujitsu high performance project
  • Mile briefed the ISESS conference held in Melbourne Mar 2015
  • Mike: conversion tools; may ask Tan to be in contact with Met Office
  • Scott set up a mirror for Met Office shared repository
  • Robin updated progress of new HPC
  • Robin briefed the recent outages in NCI
  • Scott statistics of Rose/Cylc usage
  • Mike: data management plan for RDSi; Robin: appropriate metadata plan
  • Martin mentioned the possible new funding for high resolution NWP project
  • Peter Uhe moving to a new position and Say to take his role
Last modified 4 years ago Last modified on Oct 20, 2016 12:48:33 PM